Friday, January 22, 2010

Finally saw Avatar: 3D

So now I have something to reference besides a few animated clips from trade shows when discussing 3D.  First off, I have to say that the movie itself was very entertaining and lived up to the hype surrounding it for the last 6 months or so.  As for the 3D....I am still sticking to my opinion that it is a very cool novelty.  Movies like Monsters vs. Aliens, Up and Avatar offer bright, clean colors and graphics but they are supposed to.  That is what makes them the movies that they are.  If 3D makes it into the home are we going to watch How I Met Your Mother in 3D?  The Jersey Shore in 3D?  No way!!  Even a football game might make you a little queasy after a while with all of the motion.  But until they launch ESPN in 3D, here's to good old fashioned HD.  (did I just say old-fashioned HD?)

Copyright ©2010 Kiwi Audio Visual. Some Rights Reserved.

Powered by Blogger